We are pleased to announce the first update of the MP02’s firmware and it is now available to install.
With this software release we have had to prioritise some issues above others. Full details below.
As a precaution, be sure to back up your contacts data first; you will find instructions on how to do this here.
Once you have done this, the update can be installed via Firmware Over The Air (FOTA). You will need a Wi-Fi connection for this; more details here.
If you have any difficulties installing the update, please don’t hesitate to contact us. And don’t forget, the returns period for all MP02 purchases has been extended to the end of February.
Software Release v01.02.0051
- APN network settings: it is now possible to edit “authentication type”.
- Text messaging: the New message contact in New Message Shortcut now correctly displays the message recipient’s name
- Text messaging: it is now possible to use the ‘use content’ option to save the contact information of a text message sender to Contacts.
- UI language: a significant amount of UI language corrections have been made in this software release – others are still being worked on.
- Manual setting of date/time in German has been fixed.
- The Note reminder notification that remained on even when the phone was in standby has been fixed.
- Various bugs related to random speed and call dialling.
- Battery life: there has been a moderate improvement in battery life issues. This is a priority issue for all future software updates.
- Text messaging: there is a stability increase in the message feature crash occurring in random text input.
- In Italian, the tethering on/off switch in the rapid-access Status menu (reached by pressing the Up arrow) has been fixed for connection via Wi-Fi, but not yet for USB and Bluetooth tethering. As a workaround the tethering on/off switch in the Connectivity menu can be used for all tethering connection options (reached by pressing the Punkt button, and then Settings).
- UI text change in Alarm settings for the majority of supported languages.
- UI language corrections in most mis‑spelt country names.
- Improvements in the Call History issue which was calling the last person listed instead of the selected contact.
Known issues not fixed in this update:
We are working towards fixing these with the next MP02 software update.
- Silent mode not staying on
- Notification screen not displaying received notifications
- Tethering password auto-resetting
- Vibration function not working
- User-defined dictionary and predictive text issues
If you have experienced issues with your MP02 device that are not listed in this email please open a new support request in the support/technical assistance section on our website.