Valid from 27 June 2019
Conditions of use
Use of this website and its contents, along with these conditions of use themselves, are governed by Swiss law. The exclusive place of jurisdiction is Lugano, Switzerland, unless otherwise required by law.
Exclusion of liability
All information is provided without obligation; we do not guarantee that each and every part of it is always fully up to date. We reserve the right to amend or update information on this website at any time and without prior notice. This also applies to improvements and/or modifications to the products or software described on this website. This website may contain technical inaccuracies and/or typographical errors.
Similarly, we accept no liability for technical problems related to the website and its availability (connection difficulties, website availability, etc.), damage caused by third parties, malware of all kinds (viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc.), and we do not guarantee the perfect functioning of hardware and software while viewing this website.
Certain links on this website lead to third-party websites. These links are made available for informational purposes only. We have not verified the websites that are linked to and we are not responsible for their content; the use of these links is at your sole risk. We recommend that you read the legal statements and data protection provisions of the respective websites and check how these websites protect your personal data, and also how any third party affiliated to a linked website protects your personal data.
Under no circumstances will Punkt Tronics AG or its directors, contractors, associates, appointees or other representatives be liable to you or to any third parties for any interruption of operation of your information systems, for the loss of programs or data, or for any other direct, indirect, special or other consequential damage, that result from the use of this or of a linked website. This continues to apply even if specific reference is made to the possibility of such damage.
Information technology security
Please be aware of the danger arising from viruses or other malicious software (malware) or hacking attacks, phishing and the like. We recommend that you use anti-virus software, anti-spam filters, a firewall and other methods to protect your system and that you take care to keep them up to date. We are excluded from any responsibility for any manipulation made to your computer system by unauthorized persons in relation to access to our website.
Phishing refers to malicious attempts to access confidential data, and it may come in various ways, including email, telephone, SMS text message or fax. Any request to disclose payment card data (e.g. card number, expiry date) or any other sensitive information should be seen as a possible phishing attempt. These requests can often appear extremely realistic. If there are any grounds for doubt, do not respond, do not not click on any link within an email, and do not open any attachments that may be included. Suspicious emails or SMS text messages should be deleted immediately, and excluded/removed from any backups. If you are in doubt about the genuineness of a request for sensitive information, contact us by telephone for confirmation on +41 91 924 9003.
Data transmission security
Please note that data transmitted via an open network such as the Internet or an email service is visible to anyone. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of messages or documents that are transmitted by these means. Any time that you communicate personal information through an open network, you should be aware that third parties can potentially access this information and use it without your consent. Third parties can therefore detect debit/credit card activity or other business relationships.
Even if the sender and the recipient are located in the same country, the transmission of data via electronic networks will inevitably have security vulnerabilities; also, the transmission may be via other countries, including countries that do not offer the same level of data protection as Switzerland. Your data may be lost, or stolen by unauthorised third parties, during transmission. We will not be liable for the security of your data during electronic transmission and we decline any responsibility for direct or indirect damage. Please use other means of communication if you consider it necessary or reasonable for security reasons.
Important copyright information
- This website was designed to provide information to the public. Any illegal or improper use shall be liable to prosecution. By viewing/using this website, the user formally and bindingly agrees to be subject to Swiss law and the jurisdiction of the Swiss courts. The content of this website – for example: text, photographs, videos, sound, graphics, etc. – is subject to copyright laws. These rights are guaranteed under the Swiss Copyright Law (RS231.1) and the Swiss Federal Law on Unfair Competition (RS241).
- The content of this website is strictly for private use. Any other use, in any form whatsoever – in particular by means of publication or reproduction of the content of this website, is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, advertising and promotional use; book publication; posters; photographic exhibitions; reproduction on clothes or other material; production and/or marketing of videos; CD-ROMs; websites; etc. – whether for commercial purposes (affording the offender financial compensation) or not‑for‑profit use beyond the user's close personal circle.
- Apart from trademarks belonging to Punkt., all trademarks used on this website are acknowledged as the trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the website may be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any licence or right of use of any trademark displayed on this website, whether those of Punkt. or of third parties, without the written confirmation from the trademark’s owner.
- If you have any questions or comments about these conditions of use, whether about data protection, copyright or any other issues, please contact us.
Submission of designs and materials to Punkt.
Please do not, in any circumstances, send us any unsolicited ideas, designs, information and/or materials. It is essential that you contact us before sending any of these, to discuss how best to proceed. If you choose to disregard this request, please note the following conditions:
- All the ideas, designs, information and/or materials contained in the submission must be sent exclusively to Punkt. The sender warranties that these have not been disclosed to other parties in the past and are not being disclosed to others simultaneously; furthermore, he/she undertakes to not disclose these to other parties for 12 months following the date of their submission to Punkt.
- The sender must be the sole inventor/designer and the sole exclusive owner of all ideas, designs, information and/or materials contained in the submission.
- The ideas, designs, information and/or materials contained in the submission must be original and new.
- Punkt is authorised to use and exploit such ideas, designs, information and/or materials in any manner whatsoever with no royalty due in relation to such use and exploitation. The sender will, however, be mentioned (in line with industry standards) as an inventor or designer if his/her contribution is of a reasonably substantial level of significance.
- The information, ideas, design and materials contained in the submission the sender has made available to Punkt and/or is available in future by any further means of communication may be the source of derivative works created by Punkt. In such a case, no payment or recognition will be due to the sender.